Same Day Dentistry Pearl City, HI
If you are looking for solutions to any esthetic challenges with your smile or any oral health problems, call our office for same day dentistry. We are conveniently located in Pearl City, and you can schedule an appointment by calling (808) 214-9287. In our dental office, we are passionate about oral health and believe in the critical nature of preventative dental care. For this reason, we recommend having your teeth professionally cleaned and examined once or twice a year. Our objective is to use these appointments to prevent many common oral health problems like cavities and gum disease. While our hope is that all of our patients receive this regular dental care, we know that many people are concerned about the time it will take for this or other procedures. When you visit our dental office, you can be confident that we will perform your teeth cleaning and examination promptly and comfortably. In most cases, your appointment will be over before your lunch break ends.
Same Day Dentistry and Dental Bonding
At Diamond Head Dental Care, we offer dental bonding as a way to improve the appearance of your teeth and to restore teeth that have been damaged in an accident. In a bonding procedure, the enamel on your teeth will remain intact, making this solution entirely reversible if you choose to use a different type of restoration in the future. The process can be completed in one day by roughening up the surface of your tooth prior to shaping the bonding material. Created to mimic the natural shade of your teeth, it is shaped prior to being hardened in place for a natural looking restoration. This procedure is certainly ideal for children, given how quickly it can be completed. Many adults also use this option when they are pressed for time and looking for an immediate restoration. The only challenge is that the bonding material will not be as durable as a dental crown would be, making it essential to discuss the pros and cons of the procedure.
Check out what others are saying about our same day dentistry services on Yelp: Same Day Dentistry Pearl City
Same Day Dentistry and Dental Crowns
If you have significantly damaged your tooth, you may likely need a dental crown to restore its appearance and to strengthen it. It is critical that you visit our dental office as soon as possible after damaging your tooth. If you leave the damaged area exposed, bacteria can infect the center of your tooth. This can create the need for a root canal to be completed. If the infection becomes severe, like a dental abscess, more drastic steps may be required to drain the pus. This is an unfortunate but entirely avoidable situation. If you simply have the damaged tooth restored immediately, the risk of a bacterial infection goes down significantly. At Diamond Head Dental Care, we offer same day dentistry and dental crowns for patients throughout the Pearl City area. We do so using advanced technology. When a crown is traditional created, it is a process that involves the dental lab. First, an impression is taken of a patients' mouth, and measurements are taken. That information is then sent to the dental lab for the crown or crowns to be created which can take weeks to complete. In the meantime, the tooth is prepared by removing a portion of the enamel so that the crown will lay flat without irritating the surrounding teeth. To then protect the tooth, a temporary crown is placed around the prepared tooth and worn until the new one is ready. Due the multiple steps involved with this process, a patient could have one or two appointments before the permanent crown is secured to the tooth. While effective, the entire process is time-consuming and not within the reach of those with demanding work schedules or a busy home life. To address this issue, we offer same day dentistry where dental crowns can be created in our office, the day that you come in needing a restoration.
If you live in the Pearl City area and have a damaged tooth, we recommend that you call (808) 214-9287 to schedule an appointment with our dental office. There is no need to wait for the dental lab to create a permanent crown for you when we offer a solution that can be completed in one day. This will allow you to walk in with a cracked or chipped tooth and leave with one that looks natural and is fully functional. Since crowns are also used for cosmetic applications, we can use this same technique to change the shape and size of your teeth, close gaps in between your teeth, cover dark stains, and more - all within one day. For those that need an immediate smile improvement, this is an excellent solution to explore.
The process works using advanced technology. We take a digital image of your mouth and upload it to our CAD/CAM software. The software then goes to work creating a 3D model of the tooth that is being restored. The model includes the exact dimensions of the crown. Our 3D printer then goes to work printing the crown while your tooth is being prepared. This is perhaps the most convenient way to restore your damaged tooth or to change the appearance of your smile. To learn more, call 808-214-9287 and visit our Pearl City dental office today.
If you live in the Pearl City area, call (808) 214-9287 to schedule your dental exam so that you can remain in good health or receive treatment for a current condition.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Same Day Dentistry
Same day dental procedures are popular for a variety of treatments, including tooth extractions and implants. Fortunately, for some clients, having a tooth taken out and an implant put in during the same appointment is possible. Known as immediate implants, these provide numerous benefits for eligible candidates.One of the biggest advantages of the same day…
A chipped tooth may seem minor, but it can actually lead to serious complications if it goes untreated. One's oral health can be at risk, as a chip in a tooth can result in excess food getting stuck, causing bacterial buildup. Additionally, a chipped tooth may have sharp edges that can put the soft tissues…
The dental bridge procedure is a tooth replacement option. The bridge covers the gap between the teeth using the healthy teeth present on either side, consequently restoring the function and appearance of the teeth. This article outlines what happens during a dental bridge installation.The first step in the dental bridge procedure is to determine the…
Getting dental implants can be both exciting and scary for many people. The scary part of it all is the unknown, not understanding the process. Once they learn what is expected, many are surprised at how straightforward the process is from start to finish. One of the biggest questions that many people have is aftercare…